Software Testers are often made responsible for any bug, missed during testing or for any scenarios not tested. It’s a very common situation in most of the companies, where people work in a very tight schedule and follow Agile Model.
So, how a Software Tester can avoid these things? How one can bring the best concepts into play?
It’s all in the MIND. You don’t get much help from internet or anyone from different project, the best guide is You and Your Mind. It’s all your thinking, logical, analytic and imagination ability which will help you in the long run of your testing career.
Again, I am not talking about the SDETs who can easily get reference code from internet. I am talking about the strategy/plan, you will be following to write Test Cases, whether it’s Manual or Automation.
I believe that a Good Tester is known not by the Certificates, one has or the skill-set one carries but by his sharp MIND. The way one creates awesome scenarios and compares the features of one’s project with existing or real time scenarios matters the most. This can help in great extent.
What are the ways to enhance your thinking, logical, analytic and imagination skills? Here are the ingredients:
1. If you are a fresher, get all the basics clear.
2. Try to adapt the technology, used in the project. If not, then try to find out the advantages and disadvantages of it. It will help you to find loop holes easily.
3. Try to indulge your in all meetings even if it’s too much technical. I can guarantee, you can relate this knowledge while testing.
4. If you are having more than 2 yrs exp, try to be expertise in one or two areas (e.g. Automation, Mobile). But I would suggest you to learn the basics of other areas as well. This will give you additional benefits.
5. Don’t only stick to testing. Pick up your interest and spend some time to know what’s going around in the world. You cannot be a tester for whole life. There are many more opportunities waiting for you.
6. Try to be happy and make others happy.
7. Have a balanced work and personal life. Don’t exhaust yourself with too much work.
8. Have a decent attitude, but if situation demands, don’t hesitate to be aggressive.
9. Be very professional with your colleagues.
10. If you are right, prove your points. If not convinced, go to heights.
11. Eat well, sleep well. Take good care of your health.
12. Take up a sport and get some time from your busy schedule to enjoy and relax your mind.
13. And last but not the least, Don’t work hard, work smart.
Please do comment in the post and let me know your thoughts.
Happy Testing …!!! 🙂